Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #87 -- 13 sweet pals I miss dearly


THIRTEEN SWEET
SNACKTIME FAVORITES
I’M SUFFERING WITHOUT


I miss you guys! Most of all at about 2:00 in the afternoon.

As part of my self-proclaimed September Fitness Month, I have tried to work out more, eat better, and live without candy altogether. It’s been harder than I thought it would be. While I have only fallen off the wagon once – and since it was while at the movies, I’m not sure it should count – I find that I constantly want to go to the vending machine and grab one of these economically priced, readily available, always dependable sugar fixes.

1) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate with Almonds
2) Butterfinger
3) Three Musketeers
4) Hershey’s Special Dark
5) York Peppermint Patties
6) Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
7) Peanut M&M’s
8) Mary Janes
9) Bit o’ Honey
10) Tootsie Rolls
11) Sno-caps (but only at the movies)
12) Twizzlers (see above)
13) Starburst (original flavor only)


If you had to give up candy, which would you miss most? Include your answer in comments and I’ll add you here:

1. Kwizgiver can't "divorce herself from any yummies"
2. Poor Anthony North has had to give up all sweets!
3. Malcolm is a fan of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
4. Hootin' Ani would miss Butterfingers most of all
5. SJR prefers Godiva Truffles
6. Nicole Austin would "go crazy" without Dove Dark Chocolate
7. Jenny McB would miss jelly beans and Mike & Ike
8. Sandy's cravings depend on the day -- and she bounces between fruity and chocolatey
9. Shannon is a woman of definite taste -- CHOCOLATE
10. DK votes for dark chocolate
11. Megan is saving a candy bar for me
12. Yen is a dark chocolate lover
13. Likewise, Adelle would long for chocolate14. Meju would miss jelly beans
15. Lori is inclusive -- practically the whole list got her mouth watering
16. Journeywoman prefers Milky Ways or Life Saver Fruit Chews
17. Tammy keeps dark chocolate stashed away
18. Popping Bubbles is with me on Bit o' Honeys
19. Meg would miss Sour Patch Kids
20. Qtpies7 would AGONIZE over the loss of Hershey's Symphony Bars!
21. Yummy would miss Gummy Worms/Bears
22. Siteseer is a fan of peppermint patties.
23. Debbie goes for Peanut Butter Cups
24. Starrlight couldn't live without Twix




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



29 comments:

  1. I can't divorce myself of any of the enumerated yummies. I can't divorce bacon, either. *sigh*

    Well, some of the yummies aren't on my yummy list... but it's the principle of the matter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to give it all up. It hurts - sometimes ;-)
    Especially since I was brought up in a sweets shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have economically priced products in vending machines where you live? Maybe I should consider moving to Chicago.

    Reese's Peanut Butter Cup is the one I would miss most.

    By the way, I wouldn't count your movie snack as a slip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhh, did you have to go and mention Butterfingers? I love those, and I'm trying to cut down on sugary, chocolately, fattening full of cholesterol foods.

    Where's my keys?

    Stop by for my T-13 if you can find time to do so...it's just a conglomerate of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list makes me laugh. When my sister and I were kids our mother told us that candy bars and the gum in the bubble gum machines were mad by bad people who don't like little children.

    We still don't eat candy bars or bubble gum.

    Godiva truffles are another story.

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2008/9/24/3899682.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:43 PM

    Oh my gosh. I'd go crazy without my Dove dark chocolate squares! Ack! I wish you luck in your quest to be healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jelly Beans or Mike and Ike would be missed by me!!

    Read one of the other comments, lol, wish my mom had told me candy was evil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of them. Times of day dictate whether I go for fruity or chocolaty. Usually, the latter is the best choice for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need chocolate now!!! Time to run to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya know, I'm a dark chocolate fiend, so I could probably do very nicely without all the things on this list... until Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow, you are my hero if you can go without that stuff. I am too weak. I will have a candy bar for you ;)

    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:14 PM

    I don't have a sweet tooth but I wouldn't mind those Dark Hershey's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes! No chocolate? I suppose you're going to tell me there's no Santa either? Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I commend you on your dedication to fitness.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel sure M&M's and tootsie rolls are not candy?! I am a jelly bean addict myself. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man.....I love everything on there except bitohoney. Your list made my mouth water;) Happy TT my friend. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous10:03 PM

    Milky Way...or Life Savers Fruit Chews.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! I have dark chocolate hidden in my nightie drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous11:50 PM

    Mmmm...bit o'honey's are the best candy out there. I don't think I could give them up!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooh that is a great list! I'd miss Sour Patch Kids the most, all that sweet and sour yumminess! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How could I give up Hershey's Symphony bars? Oh, the agony! I'm hypoglycemic and not supposed to eat it, but I do and will continue to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous9:39 AM

    I'd miss gummi bears and gummy worms and anything gummy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Guess you love candy lol. My list would begin with pizza... Candy I would miss most?? peppermint patties.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Reese cups and chocolate covered cherries are my weaknesses!

    Of course now you've got me craving chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh I so could not live without Twix bars!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great TT...hmmm can you believe I actually worked for Hershey Foods in Marketing for 13 years but I'm not a big chocoholic or candy lover. I know...blasphemy...but don't tell them...and my kids and hubby more than make up for it...hehe.

    http://www.apooobooks.com/2008/09/24/thursday-thirteen-9-head-classfreedom-read/

    ReplyDelete
  27. White chocolate and Jelly Bellys.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I couldn't give up brownies... yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous12:56 AM

    You say it was at the movies? Then that doesn't count. Hehe.

    I don't think I can stay away from sweets for long but there's not one type that I'd miss most. I would miss Reese's Peanut Butter Cups a LOT.

    Aw, you've just triggered a longing for sweets just now. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.