Sunday, August 17, 2008

He lied!

One of my more obnoxious neighbors, Walt, stopped me in the hall last Thursday and told me he was going away for awhile. Hurray! I thought that gave me a week to come in and out of my own home without being ambushed by Walt and his snoopiness. Really, he makes no secret of finding my comings and goings very interesting, and this annoys the crap out of me.

Anyway, yesterday as I was taking my wash down to the building laundry, he opened up his front door and said, "There she goes, doing her laundry again. You wash your clothes more often than anyone else!" What is he? A geriatric version of Rob Schneider's SNL Copy Guy? Who is he doing this play-by-play for, anyway? And isn't he still supposed to be away somewhere? "I wash once a week, Walt, just like everyone else," I said between clenched teeth.

Today we replayed the same damn scene, only I was carrying my garbage out. I came very close to pointing out to Walt that I am not in the practice of laundering my trash, but I remembered that I'm supposed to respect my elders and held my breath until the impulse passed.

I wish there was a way to go out the back door without passing Walt's front door and providing him with free entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. Let's look at the bright side of this and you know I will find it...think of him as your own personal Law and Order Witness. But then it doesn't sound like his memory isn't up to his snooping skills.

    Could be worse, he could be a persistent caller or visitor!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.