Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Has anybody seen my sense of Zen?

I had it throughout the week of my vacation. I even had it Monday and yesterday. But today? It's GONE!

Instead of working out, I'm having pizza, Coke and a chocolate chip cookie for lunch. And waiting, waiting and waiting for the work we're presenting tomorrow to go through the approval channels. And fixating on how I believe we're concentrating our resources on the wrong part of the presentation.

I must stop this. I have to stop subsisting on sugar and caffeine and worrying about that which isn't my responsibility. Yes, I'm presenting tomorrow. But so are two vice presidents. I have to learn to let go and let them take the reins.

Remember the movie Broadcast News? At times like this I can be very much like Jane (Holly Hunter). Her boss admonishes her, "It must be nice to always think you know best, to always be the smartest one in the room." "No," she replies in all sincerity, "it's awful."

If I remain in Jane mode, my sense of Zen shall never return.

2 comments:

  1. The day after vacation really really sucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except it didn't. The first day back was fun, telling everyone what I'd been up to and showing off my new pedi. This was my third day back, and it was my pre-presentation meltdown.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.