Monday, April 21, 2008

Doing it in stages


1) First I decided not to throw the mail solicitation out, instead keeping it on my coffee table -- separate from the mail that required response.

2) When the "reminder" mailing came, I recycled the original invitation and placed the second mailing in the yellow folder (where bills go).

3) After about a week, I sent in the $12 membership fee.

4) When the membership packet came, I put it on the coffee table.

5) After about a week, I opened it, peered in, and saw that I do indeed have a valid AARP Membership Card. My name is spelled correctly.

6) What's next? Actually moving the card to my wallet? Or checking what perks come with membership? We'll see … next week.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I believe you are entitled to benefits of some sort at our favorite bookstore (Borders, for you lurkers), though I'm not sure exactly what those benefits are.

    Oops, I take that back - a quick Google search netted this: http://www.aarp.org/aarp_benefits/offer_entertainment/borders/

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.