Thursday, February 28, 2008

Stuff and Things


1) Snowbird (aka Book Mama's Mama) wisely anticipated how upset I'd be by the prospect of the naming rights to Wrigley Field being sold. Cub fandom is as much a part of my heritage (OK, a bigger part of my heritage) than my ethnicity or religion. I am a Cub fan because my parents were Cub fans and my grandparents -- both sides (I'm a purebred) -- were Cub fans. So yes, this is a major development. I tried to convince myself it wouldn't matter. But it would! Rumor has it, though, that the Wrigley Gum Company is as interested as I am, but for less sentimental reasons, in maintaining the status quo. I cling to the hope that they are successful in paying for the rights.

2) Shout Color Catchers are wonderful but elusive. Toss these fabulous white sheets into the wash and they'll absorb any loose dyes, enabling you to mix colors in the same load. They have revolutionized by laundry routine! However, I can't find them at any stores here in Chicagoland and have been ordering them from drugstore.com.

1 comment:

  1. Do they have Target in Chicago? Try there!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.