Thursday, December 06, 2007

Why this book?

Last night was my last birthday celebration of the year. My best friend was in town, and oh, how I'd missed him. I was also CONSUMED with curiosity about my birthday gift! He began mentioning over the summer that he was wrestling with coming up the perfect present.

So imagine my surprise when I unwrapped this paperback. I've never heard of this book, much less asked for it. So I was surprised to learn that it was on the NY Times bestseller list on the day I was born. Also in the gift bag was a DVD of Bridge Over the River Kwai, the most celebrated the movie of the year I was born. Best of all was a press clipping about the Quarrymen, who played a small club in Liverpool the day after I was born. Fronting the group were an impossibly young (15 and 17, respectively) Paul McCartney and John Lennon.

It was a thoughtful, imaginative gift. My best friend done good.

3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! I'm going to have to keep that in mind the next time I have to come up with a cool birthday present.

    This makes me wonder what movie someone or book someone would give me....I know that the number one SONG the day I was born was "Hey Jude" but I don't know about the movie or book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was HIGHLY imaginative and EXTREMELY thoughtful - your best friend done GREAT!

    Good for both of you; and, again, happy belated birthday, Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What very well thought out gifts! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.