Monday, November 05, 2007

"Give Me 5 Monday"


Here's my first entry in a new meme by Becca. I'll let her describe it in her own words:

The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.

Today's topic: Give Me 5 Smells That Remind You of Childhood

1) Hot chocolate. My oldest friend's dad used to take us sledding and then to a local restaurant for hot chocolate. It's a dear memory.

2) Cinnamon. I used to hate oatmeal (I'm still not a big fan), so my mom would make Cream of Wheat instead and add a liberal amount of cinnamon.

3) Avon Skin-So-Soft Bath Oil. I remember that smell lingering in the steam after my mother took her bath.

4) Sweet Honesty by Avon. The kids' cologne I was allowed to wear when I was in grammar school. Does Avon still make it?

5) Chlorine. Swimming lessons! How accomplished I felt the first time I swam the length -- not the width, the LENGTH -- of the pool!

For more about "Give Me 5 Monday," or to play along, visit Becca's Buzz.


5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love you! Thank you so much for participating...we are two lonely souls right now, but if we try try again, we will be joined by many. And they shall all be sorry they weren't with us from the beginning! LOL

    My favorite answer you gave was probably chlorine. I almost used it myself! So many pool memories....
    I also love the Sweet Honesty answer, I don't know if they still make it or not, but I do remember that too. Great work, I hope you will join me again to participate! Send me your email and I'll send a reminder! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are sweet smelling stuff you've got there except the chlorine of course. I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Serena
    ChatnChill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, by the way if you'd like to be on the reminder email list, please let me know at beccagirl@charter.net and I'll be sure to add you to the list! Great GM5!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Monday! All good memories for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, a new meme!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.