Thursday, August 02, 2007

Up to Mo's Challenge

I'm going to be happy this month! Moodiness and problems have been weighing on me like gravity, and I've decided to combat it by accepting the happiness challenge.

"Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world."


August 1 (yesterday):
Cubs win! Tie for first place. With the exception of Paul McCartney, nothing has been such a consistent source of pleasure throughout my life as my Cubbies. It's a bonus when they actually do well, like last night, when they ascended to first place at the last possible moment in a real nail-biter.

August 2 (today): Free beer! There are so many things I don't like about my job that it's easy to overlook the good things: I don't have to punch a clock, the year is more than half over and I still have 2 weeks of vacation available. And yes, since one of our biggest clients is a beer company, we are often served free frosty bottles.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:43 PM

    Excellent! I'm going to do this too! It's easy to get caught up in whatever's bothering us, while missing all the things that are actually going right, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great challenge! I am going to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so swiped this!!!

    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're in! I just thought this was an excellent idea, and the more folks who share the smiles, the better!!

    (LoL..free alcohol...now, *that* will put a smile on ALOT of faces!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! I may give it a try come Monday. Rest is in order over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.