Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August Happiness -- Wednesday 15

I'm going to dinner and then a play with my theater buddy, a former boss and long-time friend. We both work erratic hours so we enroll in the Broadway on Chicago subscription series, knowing that if we invest a chunk of change on tickets, we'd be more likely to make the time to get together.

So at least once a month I eschew jeans, dress like a grown-up, enjoy a very nice dinner with good hootch, and see a top-quality theatrical production. We've been doing this so long that I've forgotten to appreciate what a terrific city Chicago is and all is has to offer. A thriving theater district and world-class restaurants are just a 15-minute train ride from my front door. How lucky can a gal get?

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, the finer things in life, good hootch, good company and good times! Sounds like a perfect way to spend the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you see?

    Have I mentioned that your August Happiness posts make me happy??

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw Wicked. And thanks! I took the August Happiness Challenge from Mo. Her link is on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wicked! Im Wicked jealous. And im sure there were a cosmo or two enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh!! Sounds fabuluous!! Definately somethin' to get happy about!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.