Wednesday, August 08, 2007

August Happiness -- Wedneday, August 8

Received a long email from my best friend today. It was so nice to reconnect. He is struggling through a lot that he clearly thinks he has explained to me, but hasn't, so as I read his message I got the same feeling I get when sitting through a movie with subtitles ("what aren't I getting here?"). But he's healthy, if not necessarily happy and wise. And this was a start. I must admit that now that I know he's OK, I've been angry at him for abandoning me. But when I haven't been mad, I've been worried. And when I haven't been worried, I've missed him. So this morning's email has us moving in the right direction.

3 comments:

  1. But he didn't abandon you. He was more like a wounded animal that had to run off to heal the cuts, returning when he felt stronger.

    There is nothing worse than feeling as if your best friend is excluding you from the sadness in their lives. But yours has come back and is sharing it with you, albeit in fits and starts. Good for you and him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have to do that, especially when its a male going to lick his wounds. Ive been licking wounds for about a year now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupcake and Sparky, thank you! I adore him so and have been agonizing over why, why, why he wasn't including me. Your explanation(s) hadn't occurred to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.