Monday, July 30, 2007

Now this is too much!

There's a coworker who makes frequent appearances in this blog because she's such a cryer. I have never met ANYONE this comfortable spontaneously bursting into tears in public. First it was because either her husband was cheating, or he wasn't. (Which is true of all spouses, now, isn't it?) Then she cried when she found out it was true, he was cheating. Then she cried when she decided to separate … and divorce … and find a new apartment … and move into that apartment … I think you get the idea.

I know I sound like a hideous bitch, but this is an office, after all, and a little decorum would be nice. Also, all these tears get in the way of her productivity, which makes me more than a wee bit crazy at at times.

Didn't today just beat all, though! This afternoon she sat in my office and cried for the better part of an hour because on Saturday ...

She had the most terrific sex of her life with
a 25-year-old actor
who is young enough to be her son.


So we cry over ecstasy and rapture, do we? Dear God, we cry over EVERYTHING!

I know that under the circumstances, it's not likely that they will get married and live happily ever. And that's too bad. Because I think we all know what she's going to do when they break up.

STOCK TIP: Buy, buy, buy Kleenex!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:09 AM

    ROFL! I'm going to have to create a character like this in one of my books. The Saturday crying jag at the end deserves a spew alert. Too funny.

    Okay, I know you're suffering and it must be a royal pain not to mention unprofessional and I do feel for you. But I don't think you're going to magically change this woman. Invest in Kleenex for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very perceptive, GH. I really did try to change her not that long ago. Told her that as a woman alone, her job would be more important than ever and this is the time to concentrate on it, not let things slide. That got a lot of sighs and some staring at the ceiling. So you're right. She's a 40-something woman who is gonna do what she's gonna do.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.