Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Love Lou

Yes, I went to the Cubs game last night. OK, they did kinda lose (like 9-0). But I am a Cub fan. We stayed till the last out, enjoyed our beer, and were grateful for the beautiful park and the stars in the sky.

Our new manager, Lou Pinella, isn't as copacetic about these events as I am. In the post-game interview he was soft-spoken but rather tightly wound. I sensed a hint of tension in his voice when he singled out the two things the team needs to work on: hitting and pitching.

He cracks me up. I just hope he can turn this thing around before his head blows up.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Lou will meltdown, you just have to hope he does not go nuclear.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.