Friday, December 01, 2006

"Wishing you the joys of the holiday season"

That's the sentiment on my Christmas cards. Which I am filling out from my desk at work today. Hardly anyone came in today. WIMPS!

Sure, some areas had between 6" and 10" of snow during the morning rush hour, and the snow is still falling. But I made it in. And I found it all quite thrilling.

There's a sense of camaraderie on public transportation on days like today. We're all proud of how hale and hardy we are. It's the exact opposite on very hot, humid days. We're all grumpy and ready to turn on one another.

2 comments:

  1. re: snapping. good question. on occasion but probably not as much now. while i was drinking my wine, i was getting relaxed and mellow and talkative and flirty in a way. He probably thinks i'm just sitting there like a bump on the log now. i have to admit that i DO miss that part of the meal when we would go out and maybe even have a decent conversation about something other than his job or our kids. i was always ready for round two, which he liked. he's been home an hour now and he's had two bottles. we'll probably go out to get pizza. add two more to that for him. then he might have another one when we get home. blahblahblah broken record. we definitely aren't communicating right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i mean MORE so now. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.