Thursday, September 28, 2006

Stuff I care about, and stuff I don't


When something captures my fancy I tend to read about/watch it obsessively. Lately that includes:

The National League Wildcard Race: Please, please, please let the Dodgers prevail. I simply must see Greg Maddux pitch in the postseason one more time!

The McCartney/Mills divorce: Doesn't matter how many allegations she makes about Sir Paul, the English public still hates Heather. She was just tossed out of a grocery store in her hometown because she shoplifted there 10 years ago.

Bill Clinton's Fox Rant: Oh, I loved it. But why on earth did he go on Fox in the first place? And while I'm sure it will help our side in the November elections, what impact will it have on Hillary? Does it free her to speak openly about the mess in Iraq without sounding like she's attacking Bush because after all, she's just defending her husband? Or does it simply illustrate anew that her husband is still more compelling and relevant than she is?

Anna Nicole Smith: I'm sorry, but I simply don't believe that Howard K. Stern is the father of that baby.

Meredith Vieria: I like her. I've always liked her. And I'm glad they didn't replace Katie with a 30-something.

-----------------------------

And then there are the things that I couldn't care less about, yet somehow they penetrate my awareness:

Dancing with the Stars:
So Harry Hamlin goes and Jerry Springer stays? Isn't the real story that Mario Lopez cheats on reality shows, just as he cheated in reality?

T.O.'s alleged suicide attempt: If he's not a baseball player, I really can't be bothered.

The fabulousness of the Bears' Rex Grossman: See above.

Clay Aiken's hair, new CD, panic attacks and sexuality: Do we really need another Barry Manilow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.