Thursday, March 21, 2024

Three Nice Things about Me -- Day 21

 

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with me. She detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 21:

1) I redeemed myself. I distressed a card shop customer today (see post below) but I also did well. Two 20-somethings wandered into the store while my bosses (Jen and CeeCee) and I were having a lively conversation about which items we wanted to buy for ourselves. We said "hi" to the girls, told them to ask if they needed help finding anything, and went back to yakking. There was something tentative about the way they were browsing, so I peeled away and approached them. Turns out they were foreign tourists who were overwhelmed by our store, which I think appears cluttered. In heavily-accented, broken English, one of them asked for our "leathers." I still don't know what word she was trying to say, but she mimed opening a book and scribbling. JOURNALS! I took them over to that bookshelf and introduced them to our prettiest hardcover journals. They each chose one. I made a sale of about $65 and they left smiling. Best of all, Jen and CeeCee saw I could take the initiative and do good.

2) I'm trying to accentuate the positive. I know I should think more about my success at the card shop today and not my fuck up. So that's what I'm trying to do. Positive self-talk! I like that I realize I'm a work in progress.

3) I had the green beans. I ate a lot of crap today, but I did have a bowl of green beans while I was watching TV. Not a conventional snack, but I like that I'm making gut-healthy choices.

 

3 comments:

  1. Some days you just need to eat a lot of crap, and try to do better the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great! I like journals and anything that goes with it. Good pens are important, especially those that don't bleed through. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate Reese's eggs.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.