Sunday, August 23, 2020

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 23

Today's happiness -- The old standbys. Two things made me very happy today.
 
1) The Cubs won! My guys have hit a skid lately, losing 6 of their last 10. That they snapped the streak against the White Sox was really pretty great. BTW, the Sox are very good this year, too. Good enough to win two of three games against the Cubs. I imagine that somewhere out there in Chicago is a gal who loves the Sox as much as I love the Cubs, and I'm happy for her.

2) People Will Talk. This 1951 movie is this week's movie group selection. It's talky and fanciful, and not one I would have stayed with on my own. But I'm glad I stuck it out because Cary Grant is so charming and special in it. Really, that man could do anything. He's as graceful as the athlete he once was, and his comedic timing made me accept dialog that no one else could put over.

Baseball + a movie = bliss. I intended to do a lot today and accomplished none of it. But I'm still pretty happy.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.