Friday, July 14, 2017

Friday 56

The Friday 56

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.

    

From Exposed by Lisa Scottoline. The star of this series, Bennie Rosato, is sharing some bad news over a bottle of wine with her rich and powerful client, Nate Lence.
"Here's the thing. I know you don't get involved in every little case that comes down the pike, but this one could get a lot of attention and it would be terrible PR."

"Like what?" Nate glowered.

"It looks as if the rep was fired becasue of his daughter's medical expenses, which is unlawful under the Americans with Disabilities Act. The child has leukemia, and she's four years old."

"A cancer kid?"

Bennie cringed. "Not sensitively put, but yes."

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a series I should check out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read! :-) I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading her books for a long time. A go to author on my list. I've not read her last several books and this sounds like another winner.

    My Friday 56 from A School For Unusual Girls

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.