Monday, November 21, 2011

Why, you'd think I'm a Cub fan or something!

Happy Birthday to me, Part 4: Celebrating with my mom and my nephew. My mom got me a Cub garden gnome (who knew there was such a thing!) and a retrospective of all my heroes who wore the uniform (Few and Chosen). We talked a moment about our favorite Cub players -- Grandma Ruth (no longer with us) loooooved her Ryno (Ryne Sandberg), my mother's favorite was Fergie Jenkins, my nephew can't decide between D Lee or Mr. Cub, Ernie Banks, and I, of course, still claim my beloved future Hall-of-Famer, Greg Maddux, as my fave rave. We are Cub fans. It's who we are. And it has been acknowledged that since my grandmother died, I am the one who now most proudly waves the banner.

My nephew, God bless him, contributed $10 of his own money to my Facebook birthday cause. I was touched.

We had pizza and my favorite, mint chocolate chip ice cream. It was a lovely afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Your nephew is just adorable. As is the gnome. Happy celebration #4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEY! I love that your nephew is so dedicated to his wonderful Aunt. He's a keeper! (Happy birfday, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:56 PM

    Happy birthday, Gal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.