Today's Happiness: Not so hot. I mean that literally. Today I don't think the mercury reached 80º and, oh! It was such a relief! It was so nice to be able to stroll around my neighborhood in comfort. I looked up to the sky and was just delighted by how full and green the trees are. We're more than halfway through summer and I don't think I stop to enjoy the view as often as I should. It doesn't stay this way forever, you know. Autumn and winter bring their own beauty, for sure, but this is special and unique to summer.
I was headed to my favorite rib place for Sunday dinner and found them to be quite short handed. I had to wait longer than usual for my to-go order and used the time to look at the walls. I stared for a while at the ornately framed photo of the owner's grandmother – the one lady who developed their barbecue sauce – and then noticed for the first time another framed photo. A skinny, vaguely familiar middle-aged man had his arm around the owner. ALICE COOPER! Oh, it was Alice Cooper alright. He signed the picture. I just didn't immediately recognize him with a baseball cap but minus the mascara.
So me and Alice, we like the same rib joint. That made me happy, too. Sometimes if you just take a moment to notice things, you'll get a little jolt of joy.
Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.



I am glad you got to get out and go eat some barbeque. We have been at 100+ the past few days. I like your heart! Enjoy your week!
ReplyDeleteI played Sunday Stealing this week.
ReplyDelete