SURVEY TIME!
1. What will you remember from August 2026? Yesterday! The Chicago Cubs threw themselves a birthday party and I was there. They celebrated their 150th anniversary before the game and then PCA set off fireworks during the game (three home runs!). It was a delightful day at the ballpark.
2. When will you start your holiday shopping? I shop all year around. If I see something that is perfect for someone on my gift list, I snap it up. Like those Leroy Jethro Gibbs socks I got for my super NCIS fan Cousin Rose. How would I ever find those again?
3. Where did you meet the person you fell the hardest for? At work.
4. Where did you meet your best friend? I met my oldest friend in Kindergarten class. She lived across the alley.
5. Share a fact about the last person who texted you. Will is the moderator of my movie group. He is "retired," but not really. He has a part-time job as a convention facilitator at Chicago's McCormick Place and is a docent, giving tours of a restored 19th century mansion. He makes me feel very lazy by comparison!



I know people I went to elementary school with, but we are not friends. I think it's special to have such a long friendship.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool that the Cubs had a birthday party! I am so glad you got to go! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Wow.. 150 years. That just blows my mind. Glad to hear it was a great celebration! We certainly need some good things in this country right now.
ReplyDeleteThat there are Gibbs socks cracks me up! Congrays on the Cubbies' big win.
ReplyDeleteThe Cubs party sounds like a great time! I love that you snagged Gibbs socks. I started picking up some gifts this month. My closest friends are what I consider lifelong friends--for more than 30 years.
ReplyDeleteWow! You've been friends since you were little! That is awesome.
ReplyDelete