Friday, July 31, 2009

A show of faith



I ordered this swim ensemble from the Sundance Catalog this morning. All the pieces were on sale! While I prefer the floral top I'm not sure how it will fit so I ordered the solid, more structured top, too. (In pistachio.)

This is a very big deal for me. I can't remember the last time I wore a swimsuit. I have a drawer full of them at home, but I have so outgrown them I feel like they're mocking me. I'd like to add swimming to my aerobic exercise and besides, it would be wonderful to actually dive from the warm sun to the cool water during that week between Christmas and New Year's when I'm in Key West.

I have lost 3 lbs. this month, making it 10 since I decided to watch my diet more closely and push the exercise regimen more. I promised myself 10 more by year end (and Key West). It's not an ambitous goal, especially, in that I'm halfway there 5 full months to go. However those 5 months include birthdays, parties, Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I don't want to set myself up to fail.

So for less than $100 I have invested in my future, my health, and my body. A tangible expression of what I want to achieve. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great looking bathing suit. Congratulations on all your hard work paying off. You've set very reasonable goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.